- PhD, University of South Carolina, 2007
- MAE, University of Alabama-Birmingham, 1999
- BS, Gardner-Webb University, 1996
- Athletic training
- Gross anatomy
- Foot orthotics
Current Courses Being Taught
- Manual Evaluation Techniques of Joint Movement (AT 2300)
- Conditioning and Rehabilitative Exercises I & II (AT 3620 & AT 3625)
- Athletic Training Clinical Labs
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer, 1997
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, North Carolina, 2008
- Certified CPR/First Aid for Professional Rescuer
- National Athletic Trainers' Association, Member
- Mid-Atlantic Athletic Trainers' Association, Member
- North Carolina Athletic Trainers' Association, Member
- Athletic trainer retention, turnover, and attrition
- Athletic trainer work-life balance
- Barone C, Mazerolle SM, Goodman A. Motherhood and work-life balance in the National Collegiate Athletics Association Division I setting: impact of mentors on the female athletic trainer. J Athl Train. 2014;49(4):532-539.
- Mazerolle SM, Pitney WA, Goodman A. Factors influencing departure of male athletic trainers in the NCAA Division I setting. Int J Athl Ther Train. 2013;18(6):7-12.
- Goodman A, Zwetsloot KA. Reliability of a protocol to voluntarily induce muscle cramping. Int J Athl Ther Train. 2013;18(6):40-43.
- Mazerolle SM, Goodman A. Fulfillment of work-life balance from the organizational perspective: a case study. J Athl Train. 2013;48(5):668-677.
- Mazerolle SM, Goodman A, Pitney WA. Factors influencing retention of male athletic trainers in the NCAA Division I setting. Int J Athl Ther Train. 2013;18(5):6-9.
- Mazerolle SM, Pitney WA, Goodman A. Retention factors for head athletic trainers in the NCAA Division-I collegiate setting. Int J Athl Ther Train. 2013;18(4):10-13.
- Merlo AR, Goodman A, McClenaghan, BK, Fritz SL. Participants' perspectives on the feasibility of a novel, intensive, task-specific intervention for individuals with chronic stroke: A qualitative analysis. Phys Ther. 2013;93:147-157.
- Mazerolle S, Pitney W, Goodman A. A Comparison of Strategies Used to Promote a Balanced Lifestyle Across the Clinical Setting in Athletic Training. Int J Athl Ther Train. 2012;17(3):7-14.
- Fritz SL, Merlo AM, Rivers ED, Peters DM, Goodman A, Watson ET, Carmichael BM, McClenaghan BA. An intensive intervention for improving gait, balance, and mobility in individuals with chronic incomplete spinal cord injury: A pilot study of activity tolerance and benefits. Arch Phys Med Rehab. 2011;92(11):1776-1784.
- Mazerolle SM, Goodman A. ATs with children: Finding balance in the collegiate practice setting. Int J Athl Ther Train. 2011;16(3):9-12.
- Goodman, A, Mensch JM, Jay M, French KE, Mitchell M, Fritz SL. Retention and attrition factors for female certified athletic trainers in the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division-I Football Bowl Subdivision setting. J Athl Train. 2010;45(3):287–298.
Title: Associate Professor, PhD, Athletic Training Education, Athletic Training Program Director, Graduate Faculty
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7711
Fax: (828) 262-3138