- Bachelor of Science, Athletic Training, Boston University
- Master of Science, Exercise Science / Sports Medicine, University of Delaware
- Doctor of Philosophy, Biomechanics & Movement Science, University of Delaware
- Evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries and illnesses
- Physiologic implications of injury
- Utilizing evidence to guide clinical decision-making in sports medicine
- AT 4030 - Evidence-Based Practice in Athletic Training
- AT 5200 - Functional Human Anatomy
- AT 5300 - Examination, Diagnosis, and Treatment I
- AT 5350 - Physiology of Injury
- AT 5570 - Clinical Inquiry I
- AT 5600 - Examination, Diagnosis, and Treatment II
- AT 5690 - Athletic Training Clinical Experience III
- AT 5830 - Applied Health & Prevention Strategies
- AT 5970 - Clinical Inquiry II
- ES 5720 - Motor Behavior for Sport & Performance
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- Member, National Athletic Trainers Association
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- North Carolina Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Injury Laboratory (Director)
- Neuromechanical implicatons of joint injuries
- Impact of attention and cognition on joint stability
- Central nervous system adaptations to training and rehabilitation
- Data processing & analysis in exercise science & sports medicine
- Kaminski TW, Needle AR, Delahunt EA. Prevention of Lateral Ankle Sprains. J Athl Train.2019. In press.
- Burcal CJ, Needle AR, Custer LC, Rosen AB. The effects of cognitive loading on motor behavior in injured individuals: a systematic review. Sports Med. 2019. In press.
- Stirling AM, McBride JM, Merritt EK, Needle AR. Nervous system excitability and joint stiffness following short-term dynamic ankle immobilization. Gait Posture. 2018;59(Supplement C):46-52.
- Rosen AB, Needle AR, Ko J. Ability of Functional Performance Tests to Identify Individuals With Chronic Ankle Instability: A Systematic Review With Meta-Analysis. Clin J Sport Med. 2017;In Press
- Needle AR, Lepley AS, Grooms D. Evidence of Neurological Adaptation after Ligamentous Injury: A summary of assessment, findings, and clinical interpretation. Sports Med. 2017. 47(7): 1271-1288.
- Kim AS, Needle AR, Thomas SJ, Higginson CI, Kaminski TW, Swanik CB. A sex comparison of reactive knee stiffness under cognitive loads. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2016; 35: 86-92.
- Needle AR, Swanik CB, Baumeister J, Schubert M, Reinecke K, Higginson JS, Farquhar WB, Kaminski TW, Higginson JS. Decoupling of Laxity & Cortical Activation in Unstable Ankles during Ligamentous Loading. Eur J Appl Phys. 2014; 114:2129-2138.
- Needle AR, Baumeister J, Kaminski TW, Farquhar WB, Higginson JS, Swanik CB. Neuromechanical coupling in the regulation of muscle tone and joint stiffness. Scand J Med Sci Sport. 2014; 24 (5): 737-748.
- Needle AR, Palmer JA, Kesar TM, Binder-McLeod SA, Swanik CB. Brain regulation of muscle tone in healthy and functionally unstable ankles. J Sport Rehab. 2013; 22(3):202-11.
Title: Associate Professor, Ph.D., Biomechanics and Movement Science, Graduate Faculty
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-4039
Fax: (828) 262-3138