Welcome to the Community Health and Fitness Assessment Program
We are very excited to work with you!
Our program uses state of the art equipment to offer high-quality health and fitness testing to community members. You can use your test results to check your improvements, or take them to professionals who can help you achieve your goals.
A laboratory visit consists of a Complete Physical Fitness Assessment, which takes approximately 120 minutes and includes the following four assessments: body composition, gait and balance, arterial health (blood pressure + arterial stiffness), and metabolic testing (resting metabolic rate "RMR" + aerobic fitness "VO2max"). Results will be explained at the end of the visit.
Tests are available to adults (18-80 years old) and children (12-17 years old). Are you interested in knowing more about each test? Learn more about each type of testing included in the Complete Physical Fitness Assessment by downloading our brochure [PDF] or clicking on the following links:
- Arterial Health Testing
- Body Composition Testing
- Gait and Balance Testing
- Metabolic and Aerobic Fitness Testing
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions or wish to learn more about the importance of the Community Health and Fitness Assessment Program, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Read and Sign Informed Consents
The informed consent explains the test protocols, the risks and benefits associated with testing, and the safety precautions for the health and fitness assessment.
You can sign a second consent form to allow our laboratory to use your test results anonymously for research purposes. Participation in associated research projects is voluntary (optional) and will help our laboratory to investigate the health and fitness of the people living in our community.
- Health and Fitness Assessment Informed Consent and Waiver [PDF, 215 KB]
- Consent to Participate in Research [PDF, 145 KB]
Child’s consent: A parent or guardian must fill out the consent forms on behalf of their child. See the forms below.
- Health and Fitness Assessment Informed Consent and Waiver (on behalf of minor) [PDF, 208 KB]
- Consent for Child to Participate in Research [PDF, 138 KB]
Read and complete the Medical History Form and the Physical Activity Questionnaire
You will be asked to complete the physical activity questionnaire and answer questions regarding your or your child’s current and past health history including diseases, injuries, chronic conditions and medications you may be taking. The medical history form is vital as it helps the laboratory team understand your current health to ensure your safety throughout the entire session. All information will be treated as confidential.
Child’s questionnaires: A parent or a guardian must fill out the health history questionnaire and the physical activity questionnaire on behalf of their child. See the forms below.
- Medical (Health) History Questionnaire - Child [PDF, 224 KB]
- Physical Activity Questionnaire (Children/Adolescents) [PDF, 110 KB]
Schedule Your Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please click on one of the available time slots labeled "Health and Fitness Assessment" in our calendar and save the event. You will receive a reminder email from firstname.lastname@example.org the day before the test.
Please be thoughtful and inform us if you decide to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Contact us: If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to email@example.com, or call Marco Meucci at 828-262-2935.
The cost for the four Physical Fitness Assessments (body composition, gait and balance, arterial health, and metabolic testing) is $50.
Optional tests are provided upon request. The cost of the optional tests are as follows:
- Electrocardiogram ECG $5;
- Blood lactate during exercise $30;
- Blood analysis (hematocrit, glucose, LDL, HDL, triglycerides) $15;
- Hydration $5.
We also welcome donations of any amount to support the program. Your donations allow us to:
- Help you. We will purchase equipment we can use to enhance and better our service.
- Help your neighbor. Other community members will be able to have free access to our service.
- Help our students. Students will be hired to work for the program, allowing them to gain hands-on experience in a working laboratory.
The Health and Fitness Assessment Informed Consent, Medical History, and Physical Activity Questionnaire should be filled out and submitted online at least 3 days before the day of the test. You will receive an email with the link to the forms after you schedule your appointment.
Instructions Prior to Testing
- Avoid large meals prior to the test, 4 hours fasting is ideal;
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee or alcohol 4 hours prior to the test;
- Avoid moderate endurance exercise 4 hours before and/or vigorous resistance exercise 14 hours prior to the test.
Your laboratory test results are completely confidential. You can use them to check your improvements in physical health and activity, or take them to professionals who can help you
achieve your health and fitness goals.
Sample test results: