Improving health through multiple academic disciplines
HES offers undergraduate degrees in three academic disciplines: Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Public Health.
- Athletic Training educates students on the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries/illnesses to the athletic/active population. [No new students can declare this major as it will be phased out by 2021]
- Exercise Science prepares students for admission into graduate and health professions programs (physical therapy, physician assistant, etc.) and for careers in clinical (i.e., cardiac rehabilitation) and athletic professions (i.e., strength & conditioning).
- Public Health prepares students to identify health-related needs of communities, and to implement interventions to improve the health and well-being of populations.
HES also offers graduate degrees in Exercise Science and Athletic Training.
- The Exercise Science graduate program prepares qualified professionals for employment in athletics programs, exercise/fitness centers, hospital wellness programs, corporate fitness programs, rehabilitation centers and allied health areas. Additionally, the program prepares students for advanced study in related fields such as exercise physiology, biomechanics, physical therapy, medicine and chiropractic medicine, and for research.
- The Athletic Training graduate program educates students on the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries/illnesses to the athletic/active population.