- BS - Health Science - Lock Haven University
- BS - Physical Education Studies - University of Delaware
- MS - Exercise Physiology - Indiana University
- PhD - Growth and Motor Development - Michigan State University
Current Courses Being Taught
- ES 2000 - Human Anatomy and Physiology
- ES 2005 - Concepts in Fitness & Performance Evaluation
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Physical activity and children and youth
- Motor development in children and youth
- Female athlete triad
- Johnson, B.D., Joseph, T., Wright, G., Battista, R.A., Dodge, C., Balweg, A., deKoning, J.J., and Foster, C. (2009). Rapidity of responding to a hypoxic challenge during exercise. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 106, 493-499.
- Foster, C., Hendrickson, K..J., Peyer, K, Reiner, B., deKoning, J.J., Lucia, A., Battista, R.A., Hettinga, F.J., Porcari, J.P., and Wright, G. (2009). Pattern of developing the performance template. British Journal of Sports Medicine online, Jan 2009; doi:10.1136/bjsm.2008.054841
- Foster, C., Porcari, J.P., Battista, R. A., Udermann, B., Wright, G., and Lucia, A. (2008). The risk in exercise training. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 2, 279-284.
- Battista, R.A., Foster, C., Andrew, J., Wright, G., Lucia, A., and Porcari, J.P. (2008). Physiological response during indoor cycling. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22, 1236-1241.
- Joseph, T., Johnson, B., Battista, R.A., Wright, G., Dodge, C., Porcari, J.P., deKoning, J., and Foster, C. (2008). Perception of fatigue during simulated competition. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 40(2), 381-386.
- Foster, C., Kuffel, E., Bradley, N., Battista, R.A., Wright, G., Porcari, J.P., Lucia, A., and deKoning, J. (2007). VO2max during successive maximal efforts. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 102, 67-72.
- Foster, C., Wright, G., Battista, R.A., and Porcari, J.P. (2007). Training in the aging athlete. Current Sports Medicine Reports, 6, 200-206.
- Battista, R.A., Pivarnik, J.M., Dummer, G.M., Sauer, N., and Malina, R.M. (2007). Comparisons of physical characteristics and performance among collegiate female rowers. Journal of Sports Sciences, 25(6), 651-657.
- Cumming, S.P., Battista, R.A., Standage, M, Ewing, M.E., and Malina, R.M. (2006). Estimated maturity status and perceptions of adult autonomy support in youth soccer players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 24(10), 1039-1046.
- Book Chapters:
- Malina, R.M., Battista, R.A., & Siegel, S.R. (2002). Anthropometry of adult athletes: Concepts, methods and applications. In Eds, Judy A. Driskall & Ira Wolinsky, Nutritional Assessment of Athletes. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Haubenstricker, J.L. & Battista, R.A. (2001). Trainability of children and youth. In Eds, V. Seefeldt, M. Clark, & E.W. Brown, Program for Athletic Coaches Education, Traverse City, MI: Cooper Publishing Group, pp. 42-47.
- Battista, R.A. & Seefeldt, V. (2001). Injuries to girls and women. In Eds, V. Seefeldt, M. Clark, & E.W. Brown, Program for Athletic Coaches Education, Traverse City, MI: Cooper Publishing Group, pp. 97-104.